Welcome! I'm Peter Schulte.
I'm a coach for purpose-driven leaders.
What we can work on together
I'm here to be your thought partner, sounding board, guide, and confidante as you dream up the life and career that makes you feel your most alive and authentic.
- Cultivate purpose, balance, and peace in your existing roles & relationships
- Transition into a new chapter of your life or career that better expresses your passions, gifts, and values
- Unearth, embrace, and embody who you really are and what you are here to do
A few specific exercises I offer
- Experience your unique creative essence
- Disidentify from your core limiting beliefs
- Acknowledge and deconstruct your toxic, shadow behaviors
- Craft a powerful purpose statement that offers you clarity and focus
- Identify and eliminate non-essential roles, projects, and obligations
- Envision the life path that you can fall most deeply in love with
Your first session is free! Let's chat and see what we might create together. No pressure. No hard sell.
Support for purpose-driven organizations
In addition to coaching purpose-driven individuals, I also support purpose-driven organizations. This work can include:
- 1 on 1 coaching for the organization's employees
- Helping the organization itself:
- Gain focus and cohesion through claiming and enacting its social purpose
- Eliminate non-essential products, projects, services, and processes
- Declare and operationalize its core values
- Foster an organizational culture that promotes engagement and creativity
- Connect employees' individual purposes to the organization's purpose
— Maren Keeley, Founder & Co-CEO, Handprint
— Amber Leger, Mni Sota Fund
— Cameron Miller, Chief Executive of Business Strategy & Innovation, Non-GMO Project
About Peter Schulte
For the first decade-plus of my career, I worked in the non-profit sector collaborating with the United Nations and some of the world's largest companies on corporate sustainability practices for water and climate. I have a B.S. in Conservation & Resource Studies and B.A. in Comparative Literature from the University of California, Berkeley and an MBA in Sustainable Systems from Presidio Graduate School.
I'm now the founder & Executive Director of 501c3 nonprofit Spark of Genius and a life coach supporting aspiring change leaders. I also recently co-founded Bellingham Men's Circle.
I live in Bellingham, WA USA on the lands of the Lummi & Nooksack peoples with my partner Sara, children Owen and Asa, and cat Winnie. I like to sing, play guitar and piano, write songs and explore the beautiful Pacific Northwest and beyond. I'm (slowly) writing a book called Humanity Is Beautiful: A New Story For A World On Fire.
I use either he or they pronouns.
Many of those who could most benefit from and leverage coaching for the greater good are not able to afford it. Our Emerging Leaders Scholarship Fund offers our coaching services at reduced rates for those with a compelling vision for social change but limited means. Priority is given to those from marginalized communities or identities.