Our Core Values
- Kindness: The practice of treating all living beings as kin, regardless of belief, identity, ability, or behavior.
- Gratitude: Remembering the beauty, kindness, and possibility all around us offers us the inspiration and energy needed to foster change.
- Possibility: As change leaders, we not only foster practical change today, but dare to dream into being the most beautiful world we can imagine for tomorrow.
To inspire, connect, and nurture the next generation of change leaders
A thriving, just, peaceful humankind living in harmony with Earth
What is Spark of Genius?
We are a 501c3 nonprofit based in Bellingham, WA, USA offering purpose-driven leaders the guidance, tools, and inspiration they need to kindle a brighter future for all.
- We publish a weekly newsletter featuring good news for climate, justice, democracy, health, prosperity, and peace from around the world.
- We offer 1 on 1 coaching to aspiring change leaders looking to tap into their innate genius, live their authentic purpose, and make a meaningful contribution to social change.
- We are continuously developing the Purpose 101 curriculum exploring passion, purpose, leadership, social change, and personal transformation.
- We host Archive of Human Genius, the world’s largest database of social change milestones - past, present, and future.
- We host Teal Pages, an online directory of purpose-driven organizations leaders, campaigns, products, and resources.
About Peter Schulte
For the first decade-plus of my career, I worked in the non-profit sector collaborating with the United Nations and some of the world's largest companies on corporate sustainability practices for water and climate. I have a B.S. in Conservation & Resource Studies and B.A. in Comparative Literature from the University of California, Berkeley and an MBA in Sustainable Systems from Presidio Graduate School.
I'm now the founder & Executive Director of 501c3 nonprofit Spark of Genius and a life coach supporting purpose-driven leaders. I also recently co-founded Bellingham Men's Circle.
I live in Bellingham, WA USA on the lands of the Lummi & Nooksack peoples with my partner Sara, children Owen and Asa, and cat Winnie. I like to sing, play guitar and piano, write songs and explore the beautiful Pacific Northwest and beyond. I'm (slowly) writing a book called Humanity Is Beautiful: A New Story For A World On Fire.
I use either he or they pronouns.
Board of Directors
PhD Program Director for Sustainability Education at Prescott College
Product Management Leader (formerly CPO at Yahoo!/Verizon Media)
Menlo Park, CA
Co-CEO at Handprint
Executive Director at Mni Sota Fund
Director of Operations at UW Medicine Office of Healthcare Equity
Executive Director & Founder at Spark of Genius